Red Hook Studios, developers of the hit indie rpg Darkest Dungeon are seeking an exceptional, experienced, full-time UI/UX artist to join our team working on Darkest Dungeon II.
We are looking for someone who will craft an engaging and stylish UI experience that balances beauty and clarity. Darkest Dungeon II is an rpg, and as such has significant UI needs. Our ideal candidate understands the RPG genre and can conceptualize, craft and implement a UI that is thematically appropriate and clearly communicates important information.
Warning: You must possess a love of Tooltips and Icons!
- Collaborate with the Art Director to create a great look for the UI
- Work with the game designers to build flow and prioritize on-screen information
- Design and create all UI assets including skill icons, menu backgrounds, headers, borders, etc.
- Animate UI as needed
- Required: A+ graphic design skills
- Required: 5+ years industry experience
- Required: Unity experience
- Required: familiarity and interest in keeping up with UI-related tools and technologies
- Self-Starter: You’re self-motivated with a strong work ethic who can thrive without micromanagement.
- Professional: You understand that feedback is an important part of the creative process and are comfortable receiving it.
- RPG/JRPG enthusiast: You enjoy tactical and rpg games & try to play them when able
- Familiarity with Darkest Dungeon gameplay preferred
Duration: Full-Time Permanent (with a 3-month probationary period)
Location: Vancouver, BC on site
(Immigration and relocation is a possibility, but preference is given to local applicants)
Red Hook Studios is comprised of an inclusive and supportive group of people. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Send us your resume and portfolio with “Experienced UI/UX Artist” in the subject: email@example.com