We are seeking a full-time programmer to join us at Red Hook Studios on the Darkest Dungeon 2 team. Red Hook Studios is a small studio and as such you will be working closely with all members of the team across a variety of disciplines to accomplish tasks.
This is a generalist Unity programmer role with added points for UI and/or rendering experience or interest. Your specific responsibilities will be to work alongside the other programmers in separating and implementing new features in a timely and consistent pace. You have a positive attitude and contribute to a healthy team dynamic by seeing opportunities and highlighting limitations in a constructive way. You can communicate to clearly establish common goals and align expectations. You must have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
This is a rare chance to join a small, veteran team on a landmark franchise that we control!
- Translate design and art requirements into clean and efficient code in Unity
- Implement as a generalist, and tackle a wide variety of coding tasks
- Focus on the implementation of UI, amongst other key features
- Help evaluate and implement middleware as necessary
- Unity and C# Experience
- Shipped Titles (PC / Console)
- Visual Studio Experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team, including initiating conversation when required to resolve blockages and obtain more information
- Ability to switch between different parts of the game’s systems fluidly
- Be flexible in coding styles, while working across multiple release platforms
- Self-regulating and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Game enthusiast, stays up on trends and interested in continuous improvement of product and self
- Familiarity with Darkest Dungeon gameplay
- Live game experience ( patching / support )
- Experience with UI implementation and tooling
- Experience with Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline (URP)
- Strong Shader skills
- Strong 3d Math skills
- C++ Experience
Duration: Permanent full-time, on-site.
Location: Vancouver, BC. Will consider remote applicants for relocation subject to verification of work permit eligibility or existing ability to work in Canada.
Compensation: Competitive DOE with project success bonuses
Send us your resume and include “Unity Generalist Programmer Posting” in the subject: firstname.lastname@example.org