We are seeking a full-time environment artist to join us at Red Hook Studios on the Darkest Dungeon 2 team. Red Hook Studios is a small studio and as such you will be working closely with all members of the team across a variety of disciplines to accomplish tasks.
We’re looking for an artisan who can become part of the production process and enjoy an invigorating back and forth with our concept team and Lead Environment Artist to build stylish and compelling spaces.
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Modeler to internalize our workflow and match our art style;
- Work with technical artists to ensure models are efficiently built for vfx
- Work with engineers to integrate assets into the game pipeline/engine
- Assist the Lead Modeler to create a rich world filled to the brim with awfulness!
- Required: Excellent environment modeling and texturing skills
- Required: 3+ years industry experience
- Software: Maya, Unity, Substance Designer/Painter, zbrush
- Self-Starter: You’re self-motivated with a strong work ethic who can thrive without micromanagement.
- Professional: You understand that feedback is an important part of the creative process and are comfortable receiving it.
- Game enthusiast: You’re up on gaming trends & try to play them when able
- Familiarity with Darkest Dungeon gameplay preferred
Duration: Full-Time Permanent (with a 3-month probationary period)
Location: Vancouver, BC on site
(Immigration is a possibility, but preference is given to local applicants)
Please note: Short list applicants will be asked to do a small paid art test
Red Hook Studios is comprised of an inclusive and supportive group of people. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Send us your resume and portfolio with “Environment Artist” in the subject: firstname.lastname@example.org