Red Hook Studios, developers of the hit indie rpg Darkest Dungeon are seeking an exceptional, experienced, full-time character modeler/texture artist to join us as we work on our next great game!
We want someone who can go beyond simply matching orthographic drawings – we’re looking for an artisan who can become part of the production process and enjoy an invigorating back and forth with our concept team and Lead Modeler to arrive at a final model. High-fidelity sculpts are not as important as a pleasing fusion of model and texture.
- Interpret concept art to create stunning and stylish 3d models.
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Modeler to interpret a striking, stylized aesthetic.
- Work with technical artists/animators to ensure models are efficiently built for rigging.
- Assist the Lead Modeler as necessary to create a host of unsavory abominations and tormented heroes.
- Required: A+ character modeling skills
- Required: A+ texturing skills
- Required: 3+ years industry experience
- Software: Substance Designer/Painter, zbrush, Maya
- Self-Starter: You’re self-motivated with a strong work ethic who can thrive without micromanagement.
- Professional: You understand that feedback is an important part of the creative process and are comfortable receiving it.
- Game enthusiast: You’re up on gaming trends & try to play them when able
- Familiarity with Darkest Dungeon gameplay preferred
Duration: Full-Time Permanent (with a 3-month probationary period)
Location: Vancouver, BC on site
(Immigration is a possibility, but preference is given to local applicants)
Please note: Short list applicants will be asked to do a small paid art test
Red Hook Studios is comprised of an inclusive and supportive group of people. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Send us your resume and portfolio with “Character Modeler” in the subject: email@example.com