“When men shake hands with time, time crushes them like tumblers; little pieces of glass.”
― Abu al-Ala al-Ma'arri
We’ve been tight-fisted with tidbits about the upcoming DLC “The Color of Madness” ever since we announced it late last year. During the intervening time we’ve celebrated Christmas, released Darkest Dungeon on Nintendo Switch and XBOX One, plus moved to a new office. Phew! However, throughout it all, we’ve continued to make significant progress on the DLC.
We’re thrilled to at last share some details on what you can expect to find in this upcoming expansion:
“Some blazing malevolence from beyond the stars has crashed upon the Miller’s farm. Lands that have, in past years, yielded rich harvests are now sown with a new and terrifying seed—an unrelenting crystalline consumption that inches outward from the mill with each passing season.”
Top Line Features:
- Wave-Based Survival in a New Environment: The Farmstead!
- Nonstop action! Fight through endless groups of monsters in an effort to reach the comet’s crash site.
- Get lost in Time and Space! Some waves will bring you face-to-face with foes from the other core regions of the Estate. (Courtyard and Darkest Dungeon will keep to themselves!)
- Track your highest kill count, compare with friends and enemies alike!
- Three new repeatable quests: a novice introduction, a veteran boss-kill, and an endless darkest-level wave-based combat experience.
- Bolster your party with consumables obtained from mysterious new curios between waves of combat.
- An All-New Enemy Faction
- The Miller and his loyal workmen have become lifeless husks, consumed by the ever-growing crystalline influence that has spread from the comet across the farm...
- 2 New Bosses
- The Miller
- Thing From the Stars (mini-boss)
- Twisted New Trinkets
- Available for purchase from the Jeweler, a new vendor in the Nomad Wagon. Put your gold away—he trades only in Comet Shards!
- New tunes!
- The Farmstead boasts the longest, most involved combat score to date!
- And a bunch of other...maddening...stuff we’re not ready to share!
We are not ready to announce a firm launch date for The Color of Madness because we want to see how things continue to develop and also leave ourselves a little wiggle room for last minute additions as we see fit. Rest assured, however, that we’re pushing forward at full steam!
The DLC will become available for all platforms on which DD can be found. Timing of releases per platform is still TBD.
Darkest Dungeon: Tablet Edition
We’ve been working with our partner Blitworks on porting the Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker DLC to iPad. We are happy to announce that this Thursday (March 15th), both DLCs will be released as in-app purchases for owners of the iPad version.
The Crimson Court DLC will cost $4.99 and the Shieldbreaker DLC will cost $1.99.
To celebrate the release of the DLC on iOS, we are doing a week long discount sale of the base game. From March 15th till March 22nd Darkest Dungeon will cost $0.99! If you own an iPad, now’s a great time to double-dip!
We are also pushing a new update to bring the DLCs to the Mac App Store as well so you can now purchase Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker DLC on that, too.
That’s all for now - remember to keep you torches bright, and avert your eyes from the stars. Sometimes they stare back at you.
- Red Hook Studios