We are seeking a full-time programmer to join us at Red Hook Studios as we move forward on our next Darkest Dungeon title. Red Hook Studios is a small team and as such you will be working closely with all members of the team across a variety of disciplines to accomplish tasks.
This is a generalist role, with an added focus on UI and SFX implementation for Darkest Dungeon 2. Your specific responsibilities will be to work with alongside the other programmers in separating and implementing new features in a timely and consistent pace. You have a positive attitude and contribute to a healthy team dynamic by seeing opportunities and highlighting limitations in a constructive way. You can communicate to clearly establish common goals and align expectations. You must have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Translate design and art requirements into clean and efficient code in Unity.
- Implement as a generalist, and tackle a wide variety of coding tasks
- Help evaluate and implement middleware as necessary
- C# Experience
- Unity Experience
- Shipped Titles (PC / Console)
- Visual Studio Experience
- Strong Debugging skills
- Experience with audio implementation in Unity and with tools like FMOD Studio
- Familiarity with Darkest Dungeon gameplay
- C++ Experience
- Experience working in Xcode
- Experience with UI implementation.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team, including initiating conversation when required to resolve blockages and obtain more information
- Ability to switch between different parts of the game’s systems fluidly
- Be flexible in coding styles, while working across multiple release platforms
- Self-regulating and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Game enthusiast, stays up on trends and interested in continuous improvement of product and self
Duration: Permanent full-time, on-site.
Location: Vancouver, BC. Will consider remote applicants for relocation subject to verification of work permit eligibility or existing ability to work in Canada.
Compensation: Competitive DOE with project success bonuses
Send us your resume and include “Generalist Programmer Posting” in the subject: firstname.lastname@example.org