A reclusive survivor, the Runaway joins our motley crew of vagabonds and outlaws in Darkest Dungeon II. What sins has she committed that have led her here…and what will she sacrifice on the road to redemption?
Darkest Dungeon II early access release will be here soon, and with it comes this all new hero.
A self-reliant nomad with nothing to her name, the Runaway stalks the ruins of the old world, determined to survive at all costs. She makes use of the new fire damage-over-time component in Darkest Dungeon 2. With her precise and versatile combat skills, the runaway plays as a great frontline character, but has built in survivability thanks to her ability to retreat back with her stealth move in order to hide and recover.
Runaway’s skill list:
- Searing Strike – A simple attack that also lights enemies on fire
- Ransack – Want to get the enemy close? Hook them closer to the hot zone with this skill
- Firefly – A thrown incendiary attack that adds fire
- Dragonfly – Escape to safety (backline) and incinerate nearby foes
- Smokescreen – Blind enemies and leave them vulnerable
- Cauterize – Heal someone’s wounds with heat
- Run and Hide – Retreat and heal your own wounds
- Controlled Burn – Set a fire in an enemy position that will continually burn anyone in it
- Backdraft – Use damage-over-time fire stacks to deliver a powerful blast to the target behind them
- Firestarter – Not enough fire going on in your team? Use this to add fire to one of your ally’s attacks
- Hearthlight – Discover hidden foes and restore sight to your own debuffed crew
Game Informer Article:
Chris and Tyler spoke more about her and other DD2 game features, with Game Informer. You can find the full article here:
We are enjoying seeing everyone’s fanart of the Runaway. Within just a few hours of posting we had already received several, and we will have more to come with our Discord Art contest at the end of August!
We hope that you love The Runaway as much as we do, and we are excited to show you more as we draw closer to EA release!
Thank you everyone in our community who has been with us since DD1 and thank you to those who have recently joined us on this adventure. It goes without saying that we wouldn’t be here, creating DD2, if it wasn’t for all the support we’ve received over the years.
We would love to have you in our Discord community: http://discord.gg/darkestdungeon
Social Media Links:
Wishlist DD2 here: