Programmer – 3 Month Contract (Full Time) – Red Hook Studios
We are seeking a third full-time programmer to join us as we work on supporting Darkest Dungeon and future titles. Red Hook Studios is a small team and as such you will be working closely with all members of the team to accomplish tasks.
Your specific responsibilities will be to work with the other programmers in separating and implementing new features in a timely and consistent pace. You have a positive attitude and contribute to a healthy team dynamic by seeing opportunities and highlighting limitations in a constructive way. You can communicate to clearly establish common goals and align expectations.
- Translate design and art requirements into clean and efficient code
- Work within our proprietary C++ game engine
- Implement as a generalist, and tackle a wide variety of coding tasks
- Help evaluate and implement middleware as necessary
- Required: C++ Experience
- Required: Shipped Titles (PC / Console)
- Required: Visual Studio Experience
- Experience with OpenGL, Spine, and Fmod
- Experience working in Xcode
- Experience with multiple consumer third party game engines is a plus (Unreal, Unity)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team, including initiating conversation when required to resolve blockages and obtain more information
- Ability to switch between different parts of the game’s systems fluidly
- Be flexible in coding styles, while working across multiple release platforms
- Self-regulating and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Game enthusiast, stays up on trends and interested in continuous improvement of product and self
- Familiarity with Darkest Dungeon gameplay preferred
Duration: 3 month contract to Perm. We intend for this to become a permanent position, but would like to start with a 3 month contract to evaluate a mutual fit.
Location: Vancouver area preferred, but remote work is possible. Must be close to Pacific Time Zone or otherwise able to keep standard Pacific Time Zone business hours.
Send us your resume and include “March Programmer Posting” in the subject: firstname.lastname@example.org