Welcome to Fiends & Frenzy – our first significant content patch for Darkest Dungeon! We’ve worked very hard to bring you a meaty update to the game, and we can’t wait to hear what you think. There are a ton of new features, improvements and bug fixes in this patch, most importantly:
- New Hero Class! Man-At-Arms
- New Hero Class! Arbalest
- New Ruins Boss! Gibbering Prophet
- New Warens Boss! Formless Flesh
- New Weald Boss! Brigand Cannon
- New Loot: “The Ancestor’s Trinket set” is a group of ultra-rare items once held by the Ancestor himself – be warned, some of these trinkets are only found in the pitch dark!
- New Building! Ancestor’s Statue: Click the statue to open the Ancestor’s Memoirs – a record of all cutscenes and boss backstories!
- Heart Attacks! Don’t let your heroes get too stressed. If your stress bar fills again past affliction…it’s over.
- Sell your junk! In the Trinket Inventory, hold shift to see sell back value, shift+click to sell trinkets
- Crit-heals! Heal, critically!
- Tons of Party Names as created by Kickstarter and Humble backers!
…and much, much more. Check out the detailed patch notes here.
This patch also introduces many quality of life features requested by the community! We’ve learned a great deal in Early Access so far, and your feedback has been fantastic. We want to thank you guys for playing, and helping us to make the game as good as it can be. Keep it coming!
We’re thrilled to announce a partnership with Curse/Gamepedia! Don’t get lost in the dark – check out the official Darkest Dungeon wiki at Gamepedia – You can find it at http://darkestdungeon. gamepedia.com.
Much more to come,
-The Darkest Dungeon Team